Monday, February 18, 2008

New LOs of Thanksgiving 07


(I can't remember where this kit came from because as I was finishing the LO, I lost almost all the kits on my harddrive. So if this is your kit I'm sorry, and if you know who's kit this is, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. Thanks!)


Here's LOs of Thanksgiving 07'. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Vickie's house, everyone was there except my dad and brother, of course. I hope my girls always think of our holidays as extra special, because its really the only time our whole family is together. I'm planning on changing that though. I have started planning our family reunion for July 12th. I plan to do a theme: All Because Two People Fell In Love...like the Brad Paisley song. I want it to be centered around my great-grandparents, whose anniversary was on July 11th. I never knew my great-grandfather, but my great-grandmother was an amazing woman. She was so strong and all-knowing, and unwavering faith like you've never seen. It amazes me how many obsticles they overcome during their marriage. They lived through the great depression, horrible floods after that, there are almost 20 yrs between their first son, and their lasts( a set of twin boys), 11 children (6 boys and 5 girls); My great-grandmother had to send three of her baby boys off to war, one to WWII, one to Korea, and one to Vietnam. She had 3 miscarriages in her lifetime, her husband died after 40 yrs of marriage, and after going through all she had endured, she had the faith of an angel, which is exactly what she is now...an angel!

No comments: